Certified Agile Leadership® (CAL-E, CAL-T, CAL-O) in English
More and more companies in various sectors seek the promise of Agility, that is, successful results and the ability to adapt to changing contexts. Unfortunately, many leaders and teams begin the journey by adopting new techniques, without knowing or anticipating the stresses and challenges they will have to face in their application.
What is Agile leadership and what skills do change agents need to integrate to incentivize, mobilize and facilitate the adoption of agility in the organization? What is the transformation? Where will they meet resistance in the system? What do they need to examine and understand to enhance their influence?
The Certified Agile Leadership (CAL) program
is a leadership development experience with International Certification from the Scrum Alliance, which is aimed at those who seek to lead and create Agile environments generating value for clients, organizations and teams. Our commitment is that in this certification you will know a solid frame of reference to enhance your leadership skills and that of others in the context of Agile organizations and teams, applicable from day one back to your organization.
In its third year of execution, with more than 800 participants and 50 editions in more than 20 countries, the CAL of Ángel Díaz-Maroto, condenses the learnings arising from mistakes and successes obtained in more than 14 years of experience leading towards Agility from the interior of companies of various sizes, sectors, contexts and cultures from 30 countries on 3 different continents.
This eminently practical training integrates various facilitation methods with which you will experiment, analyze and practice on real cases the various models individually and as a team, under the feedback and accompaniment of the instructor.
Format of the Certified Agile Leadership training:
This learning experience is divided into three consecutive and independent courses
Certified Agile Leadership Essentials (CAL-E)
Today’s leaders are struggling to keep up with rapidly changing market needs and are beginning to understand that the ability to respond and adapt quickly is becoming increasingly important. Now you must change the way you think about your role as a leader, your relationship with your employees, and the culture of your organization.
Scrum Alliance Certified Agile Leadership Essentials courses provide awareness and understanding of the fundamentals of agile leadership. In this class you will discover how Agile leaders think, focus, and behave in the context of Agility. Learning the essential elements of agile leadership prepares you to confidently embark on the journey to leadership development and agile transformation in your organization.
- Working Agreements
- Definition of Management
- Definition of Leadership
- Definition of Agility
- Overview of the #leadershipDancefloor
- Establish a shared context and purpose
- The “Being” of the leader
- Enable new Options
- Conscious leadership styles and actions
Certified Agile Leadership for Teams (CAL-T)
Agile teams require an alternative to traditional business leadership approaches to navigate this volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous world. This course teaches you how to build high performing, committed, mature and trustworthy teams. In addition to promoting a culture of transparency, inspection and adaptation to allow experimentation and continuous learning within these teams. The goal of this course is to raise awareness of the new workplace context and provide leaders with the practices they need to lead their teams in agility territory.
- Build Teams
- Leadership for Self-Organization
- Install the Mindset and Agile team values
- Relationships and conversations in a team
- Build commitment, impeccability, and compliance
- The #leadershipDancefloor in team leadership
Certified Agile Leadership for Organizations (CAL-O)
To transform an organization and acquire the necessary market adaptability capabilities in today’s business context, leaders need to change the way they interpret and act on organizational processes, structure, and culture. In addition, these organizational leaders need to become agents of change. In this module, participants will gain knowledge, skills and techniques that will help them work towards sustainable agility in their organizations.
The objective of this course is to raise awareness of the practices and principles of agility and how they apply to Business / Organizational Agility. Through the analysis of case studies and with the support of different models, the participants will obtain clarity on how to make Agility work at the service of the organization and its objectives.
- Context of Agility in the organization
- Business Agility
- Articulate the purpose of Agility in the organization
- Influence Organizational Culture
- Design and build organizational structures
- Align Processes and Objectives
- Analysis of case studies
Each of these courses has a duration of 8 hours, of which 6 hours correspond to live training. Prior to the start of each course, participants are required to complete 2-3 hours of video and reading with the intention of generating context for the beginning of the training.
The student may choose to participate in one or more of these courses. To participate in the CAL-T or CAL-O course, it is necessary to have completed the CAL-E course.
- Executives, middle management and other leaders with organizational influence
- Leaders who support, lead or interact with Agile teams
- Scrum Masters / Agile coaches
- Any leader who requests or is involved in Agile adoption in their organization (sponsor).
After completing the course, participants will receive the Certified Agile Leadership certification awarded by the Scrum Alliance, in addition to two years of membership in that organization.
What is included in the Certified Agile Leadership course
* A training that will forever change your vision and understanding of Agility and leadership.
* Real-life examples and case studies to inspire and guide you in your Agile implementation
* Contents used and generated in the course in digital format.
* PMIs can request 20 PDUs.
* 20 SEU’s (Scrum Education Unit) for the renewal of their Scrum Alliance certifications
* Access to register for an Agile CAL 2 Leadership Development Program
* Access to our agile leadership development community
* 20 hours of our Certified Agile Enterprise Coach program ACSTH certified by the International Coaching Federation (ICF)
* free participation in our next Certified Business Resilience Practitioner course https://www.dmagilecoaching.com/events/certified-business-resilience-practitioner-3/
Agile Fundamentals. You need basic knowledge of Agile and Scrum
November 1, 2021 (2:00 pm – 7:00 pm)
November 2, 2021 (2:00 pm – 4:00 pm)
CAL for Teams (CAL-T)
November 2, 2021 (4:00 pm – 7:00 pm)
November 3, 2021 (2:00 pm – 5:30 pm)
CAL for Organizations (CAL-O)
November 3, 2021 (5:30 pm – 7:00 pm)
November 4, 2021 (2:00 pm – 7:00 pm)